INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE USE OF FLUORIDE TRAYS
Download and Print our Fluoride Tray Care Instructions
- Brush and floss your teeth.
- Place enough fluoride gel to just cover the bottom of the trays.
- Place the fluoride trays over your teeth as directed.
- LEAVE THE TRAYS ON YOUR TEETH FOR 5 MINUTES.
- Remove the trays and spit out excess fluoride gel.
- DO NOT RINSE YOUR MOUTH, EAT OR DRINK ANYTHING FOR 30 MINUTES.
- Clean the trays with a toothbrush or cotton swab.
- Place the trays in water for storage.
USE THE FLUORIDE ONCE EACH DAY, EVERY DAY, EVEN AFTER YOUR RADIATION IS COMPLETED.
As a result of radiation, most patients experience dryness in the mouth. A certain amount of dryness will probably persist forever after radiation therapy to the head and neck. The most common problem associated with dry mouth is rampant dental decay and periodontal (gum) disease. DAILY application of fluoride has been shown to be effective in preventing these problems. If a patient is not compliant, dental disease, oral infections and infections of the jaw bone are common problems.
If you have any questions, please call our office at San Diego Office Phone Number 619-463-3773 for assistance.